Studying at the university often means that you have to work your way through endless piles of books, reports and syllabi. In this workshop, you will learn how to tackle the large amount of study.
In this workshop, we will address learning strategies, reading techniques, what to do with what you have read, staying focused, and more.
- How do you tackle the never-ending stacks of books and syllabi?
- How can you best approach the subject matter?
- How to stay focused?
- And how do you make sure that you retain what you have learned?
- Please note: there are short one-hour workshops that cover the different study techniques separately.
Basic skills or more?
Please note that during this workshop we will address all aspects of learning. In case you only need to learn the basic skills, please choose the short workshop ‘How can I retain information’, and/or ‘Smart reading skills’.
Date and time
This one-session workshop is offered on
- October: Thursday, 3 October 2019, from 13:30 - 17:00
- December: Thursday, 5 December 2019, from 9:15 - 12:45
- February: Thursday, 13 February 2020, from 9:15 - 12:45
- March: Tuesday, 31 March 2020, from 13:30 - 17:00
It is important to bring along all your study material for this (or upcoming) week. This means books (online or otherwise), articles etc., and the overview in Canvas.
Roeterseiland Campus (REC). You will receive the exact location by email, after your registration.
- Language: English.
- Target group: UvA Students who have difficulty handling large quantities of information.
- Location: Roeterseiland Campus (REC). The exact location will be made known after you have registered.
- Maximum number of participants: 15.
- The workshop is free of charge.
- You can register up to 2 months in advance. That is the reason you may not see the date of your wish in the registration form yet.
- Offered by the Student Counsellors (UvA Student Services).
for workshops, training and information sessions of the Student Counsellors
- Participation is free of charge.
- After your registration, you will receive an automatic confirmation.
- In case you’re not able to participate, please follow the link in the automatic confirmation email to cancel your participation. That way, you give your spot to one of your fellow students.
Do you have any questions? You can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Studying successfully: tipsheets
All workshops and training courses in English (Study skills)
All workshops and training courses in Dutch (‘Studievaardigheden’)